Welcome to the ramblings of my head. If you can get through all of the spider webs, hopefully you'll have some fun. Don't blame me if you get lost though. You've been warned!

Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year

Hello everyone.

I cannot believe that 2013 is almost over. It seems it flew by so fast and so much happened in my life that sometimes I can't reconcile everything. Life is definitely a rollercoaster and this year has been all over the place. It turned completely around for me and I'm so grateful.

I started this year with a move, a broken heart and going to physical therapy, not certain if I would be able to write again. At one point, I wasn't able to even read a romance novel -- and I'm a romance novel junkie, I have no problem admitting to it and don't really want help...thank you very much. But every book I read pissed me the hell off. I couldn't even think about writing, because my poor characters would have suffered greatly. I wanted to go sadistic on everyone of the male persuasion and since I write M/M romance stories, that is not very conducive to a good book. I had to take a big step back from it all. It didn't help that I had hurt my back and neck so badly that migraines and numb hands were the norm. I couldn't even hold a glass or silverware some days. It sucked, but slowly over this year I have healed. I am now reading and writing regularly again, and feel much more myself because of it. I don't feel whole without my books and my writing.

I was lucky enough to be able to go to two conferences this year, Authors After Dark and Gay Romance Lit. I can't really explain what it meant to me. I came home feeling fulfilled, happy, hopeful and blessed. I met some amazing people who I will never forget. Their smiles, kindnesses and friendship mean so much. Even the few authors and readers that I wasn't able to keep in touch with since, I remember everything and it makes me smile and keep striving. Never stopping.

Most importantly this year, I learned. About myself, about my craft, and about my hopes and dreams of the future. I learned I had skills that I didn't know were there, and weaknesses I need to watch out for. I am hopeful this new year. It's a great place to be.

I can't wait to see what 2014 will bring.

I want to say thank you. To my family who are always there for me and support me. To my friends new and old, who have lifted me up, and listened to me overanalyze things, given me advice, and were there for me. You guys mean so much to me and I would do anything for you. I'm so blessed and I know it.

Lastly, to my readers. I still have a hard time comprehending that anyone would want to read what I write and want more. It blows my mind!

Thank you so much, and I hope you all have a safe and fabulous New Years, and that 2014 brings all of your hopes and dreams into fruition as well.


Oh, I almost forgot. I have one last giveaway for New Years. A couple extra books and swag that I was lucky enough to get from the conferences I went to.

Comment below, and I will put your name into a drawing. Again, you have to be willing to email me your mailing address to win, because it will come in a box.


Happy New Year!


Hugs and spanks,

Taylor

4 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you this year at GRL. I'm so glad that we've become friends. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back at you Max! You brighten my days regularly and I feel so blessed to call you my friend. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year and glad to hear that things are going great for you. From one writer to another I wish you the best and look forward to reading more of your works.

    ReplyDelete